Grand South America (Summer 2019)
Grand South America (Summer 2019)
Andean peaks, Amazonian rainforests and Incan ruins treat you to a mystical world of natural beauty, vibrant civilizations, other-worldly relics and colonial towns. Savour the mouthwatering delights of local cuisines, including dinner at a Michelin-starred restaurant in Rio de Janeiro and a selection of Peruvian delicacies at the esteemed Astrid y Gastón in Lima.
- Macchu Picchu: Learn how to blend the perfect pisco sour.
- Sacred Valley: Delight in a Pachamama feast prepared in an underground oven and served in an exquisite garden in Ollantaytambo.
- Cusco: Dine at MAP restaurant, one of the city’s most prominent restaurants, situated on the lively, modern patio of the Museum of Pre-Colombian Art. This contemporary Peruvian haute cuisine restaurant offers an artistic dining experience, candlelit for a dazzling evening ambiance.
- Lima: Savour an innovative selection of Peruvian cuisine during a Welcome Dinner at Astrid y Gastón, among South America’s most famous restaurants.
- Santiago: Visit Kingston Family Winery, a small boutique winery located in Casablanca Valley for an introduction to and tasting of their exquisite wines.
- Buenos Aires: At San Antonio de Areco, one of the prettiest towns in the Pampas, enjoy a delicious asado lunch at La Bamba de Areco Estancia and a glimpse into the life of an Argentinian gaucho during an equestrian show.
- Rio de Janeiro: Your Farewell Celebration Dinner is served at the Michelin-starred MEE Restaurant, the vision of celebrity Chef Ken Hom and led by Executive Chef Kazuo Harada.
- Dining Summary: 21 Breakfasts (B), 11 Lunches (L) and 15 Dinners (DW).
- Lima: Experience the beautiful ‘City of Kings’ through the eyes of a Local Expert.
- Machu Picchu: Spend a full day exploring the ancient Inca citadel of Machu Picchu, rediscovered by American historian Hiram Bingham in 1911 after being forgotten for centuries. A Local Expert helps you understand the enigmatic fortress abandoned by the Incas in the 16th century.
- Aguas Calientes: With a Local Expert, explore the cloud forest, visit a working tea plantation and an orchid farm.
- Sacred Valley: At a local camelid farm, meet llamas, guanacos, alpacas and even the rare vicuña and enjoy an insight into how their soft wool is used to make beautiful woven textiles.
- Cusco: With a Local Expert, practice your bartering skills at a local market. Enjoy a fun challenge of purchasing items from the market (with money and a list supplied by your Travelling Concierge) for the best prices possible. All purchases are later donated to local needy families.
- Lake Titicaca: Cruise the lake and learn about the lifestyle and customs of the local people, who bundle reeds from the lake to build floating platforms, houses and canoes.
- Puno: Explore Sillustani to view the stone burial towers ‘chullpas’ that have dotted the shores since pre-Inca times.
- Santiago: Meet a Local Expert for an exploration of the Chilean capital.
- Buenos Aires: With a Local Expert, your comprehensive city exploration includes a visit to the splendid Belle Époque Teatro Colon.
- Iguassu Falls: Join a Local Expert for a spectacular walk past thundering curtains of water and misty rainbows on both Brazilian and Argentinian sides of the falls.
- Rio de Janeiro: Partake in a stunning show of extravagant costumes and enthralling music, songs and dances at Ginga Tropical.
- Lima: Explore the very best of Peru’s capital city at the JW Marriott Hotel Lima.
- Sacred Valley: The elegant Tambo del Inka will ensure an indelible stay.
- Machu Picchu: Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel is an intimate Andean village with terraced hills, waterfalls, stone pathways and 81 whitewashed adobe casitas tucked away in the cloud forest.
- Cusco: The stylishly decorated and luxurious JW Marriott El Convento Cusco is built atop ancient Incan ruins.
- Lake Titicaca: Enjoy the sunsets on the lake from the only five-star hotel region, the Libertador.
- Santiago: The Singular Santiago is a five-star luxury hotel located in the Lastarria section of Chile’s capital.
- Buenos Aires: Distinguishable by its architecture and décor, the Alvear Palace Hotel is a hallmark of world class hotels.
- Iguassu: The luxurious Belmond das Cataratas is the only hotel inside the National Park and sits alongside the falls.
- Rio de Janeiro: With a prime location overlooking Copacabana Beach, the iconic Belmond Copacabana Palace offers an unforgettable stay in timeless luxury.
- Lima: Meet painter, sculptor and local legend, Víctor Delfín, best known for his monumental El Beso sculpture in Parque del Amore, Miraflores. Explore his oceanview workshop in the arts district and chat with Victor as he shares stories about his life.
- Rio de Janeiro: Meet Bob Nadkarni, a local club owner, and hear how he created one of the most famous jazz clubs in all of South America, The Maze.
INCLUSIVE LUXURY GOLD SERVICES
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Luxury Gold’s air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard restroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- At every hotel, you’ll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and port…
Arrive in Lima, Peru.
Lima City of the Kings.
On To The Sacred Valley.
Exploring the Sacred Valley.
Journey to Machu Picchu.
Mysterious Machu Picchu.
Return to Cusco.
Lake Region of Peru.
The Floating Islands of Lake Titicaca.
Puno, Back to Lima.
Fly to Santiago.
The Sights of Santiago, Valparaiso and Wine Country.
Fly to Buenos Aires.
Beautiful Buenos Aires.
Pampas, Estancias and Gauchos.
The Falls of Iguassu.
The 'Great Waters' of Iguassu Falls.
Rio de Janeiro, City of Sea and Samba.
Exploring Rio de Janeiro.
A Farewell to Rio de Janeiro.
Depart Rio de Janeiro.