Splendours of Egypt (Summer 2020)
Splendours Of Egypt – Summer 2020
Egypt’s vast wealth of antiquities take centre stage here. Marvel at Karnak, the Pyramids and Sphinx, Tutankhamun???s treasure, and the ubiquitous hieroglyphics.
- Cruising: Join the fun at an Egyptian dinner and galabeya party.
- Aswan: Follow the footsteps of Winston Churchill and Agatha Christie as you enjoy high tea in true colonial English-style at Aswan’s famous Old Cataract Hotel, as the sun begins to set.
- Luxor: Enjoy listening to stories of village life from it’s local residents when you visit a family home for a tasting of authentic Egyptian sun bread.
- Dining Summary: 11 Breakfasts (B), 7 Lunches (L), 1 Afternoon Tea (AT) and 7 Dinners (D), all with bottled water plus tea or coffee.
- Cairo: With your Egyptologist, gaze upon Tutankhamun’s treasures at the Egyptian Museum, gaze upon the most recognisable symbols of ancient Egypt: the full-faced funeral mask, gold coffin, gilded throne and precious jewellery – all treasures of Tutankhamun.
Top Rated Highlights
- Cairo: Enjoy sightseeing including sweeping views over the city from the Citadel and a visit to the Great Alabaster Mosque.
- Giza: Be mesmerised by the Sound & Light Show at the Great Pyramids.
- Karnak: Stand amid a vast forest of columns in the largest temple complex known to man, as your Egyptologist explains the significance behind it. Walk the avenue of ram-headed sphinxes, see the of Rameses II and the Hypostyle Hall.
- Luxor: Visit Luxor Temple.
- Dendera: At the Temple of Hathor, see a rare depiction of Cleopatra and Caesarian.
- Aswan: See Aswan’s High Dam and ponder why the Unfinished Obelisk has been left in mid-creation for thousands of years.
- Kom Ombo: Visit the unique temple as it is the only double temple in Egypt.
- West Bank: See the massive stone statues of the Colossi of Memnon.
- West Bank: Embark on an experience with an Egyptologist to visit the mortuary Temple Hatshepsut.
- West Bank: Explore with an Egyptologist the Valley of the Kings which is home to the magnificent tombs of Egypt’s Pharaohs.
- Luxor: Enjoy your short flight returning to Cairo.
- Memphis: Visit this famous capital of the ancient world to see the statue of Ramses II and the Great Alabaster Sphinx.
- Sakkara: See the oldest pyramid in the world, the Step Pyramid of King Zoser.
- Giza: With your Egyptologist, meet the enigmatic Sphinx and venture deep inside one of the pyramids, to the chambers where the Pharaohs went to meet their Gods in the afterlife.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director and certified Egyptologist will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned coach with onboard washroom. Alternate vehicles without onboard washroom may be used on occasion.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- 7 night Nile cruise aboard your mid-size cruise ship featuring air-conditioned cabins with private facilities, on either MS Medea, MS Miriam, MS Giselle, MS La Boheme or similar. Please note that gratuities are not included for the Travel Director, Nile Cruise staff, Drivers and Airport Escorts.
- Included economy class flights between Cairo/Luxor and Luxor/Cairo with transfers between airports and hotels.
- Complimentary transfers from/to Cairo Airport are available on arrival and departure days, or with additional accommodation booked through Insight Vacations.
Arrive in Cairo
Fly to Luxor, Cruise the Nile.
Exploring Dendera and Edfu.
Edfu to Aswan.
Aswan’s High Dam & Temple of Isis.
Feluccas and High Tea.
Free time and on to Kom Ombo.
Cruising the Nile to Luxor.
Explore Luxor and fly to Cairo.
Cairo and the Pyramids of Giza.