Classical Greece With Idyllic Aegean 7-Night Cruise
Ancient ruins, stunning scenery, lots of sunshine, marvellous beaches, the Greek Islands, the crystal-clear Aegean Sea, and tasty cuisine…this is Greece, and on this Greece vacation, you’ll experience all of this and more!History comes alive on your guided tour of Greece’s ancient sights. Visit the Acropolis, dating back to the 5th century BC; Olympia, where the Olympics began in 776 BC; ancient Corinth, dating back to the 8th century BC; the Beehive Tomb and Lion Gate in Mycenae; the amazingly well-preserved, 2,300-year-old open-air theatre in Epidaurus; Thermopylae, where the battle between the Greeks and Persians took place in 480 BC; Delphi, where you’ll hear about the Oracle; and more. Globus has also included some traditional experiences for you to get a true sense of Greek life. Enjoy a cooking demonstration where you’ll learn how to make the traditional Greek tzatziki appetizer. Also, enjoy a dance lesson, where you’ll learn how to dance the sirtaki. Embark on a 7-night cruise on the Aegean Sea cruising to some of the world’s most beautiful islands world as well as Ephesus in Turkey. Visit Kusadasi and the Greek, Roman and Byzantine excavations of Ephesus in Turkey; explore the old town in Rhodes and visit the fabulous Temple of Athena in Lindos; Heraklion on Crete; Santorini (weather permitting), still an active volcano offering one of the world’s most breath-taking panoramas; Milos, the “Island of Colors” and Mykonos, Greece’s most famous jet-set island with its seafront village, sandy beaches, and whitewashed houses.From the picturesque fishing villages and stunning islands to ancient historic sights, this is a vacation of a lifetime!
ATHENS Welcome drink; guided sightseeing, visit the AcropolisCORINTH Guided visitMYCENAE Guided visit of the excavations and museumEPIDAURUS Guided visit of the 2,300-year-old open-air theaterOLYMPIA Guided visit of the archaeological site and the museum; [LF] learn how to make the traditional Greek tzatziki appetizerDELPHI Guided visit of the excavations, visit the Archaeological Museum; [LF] learn to dance the sirtaki and have a glass of OuzoMETEORA AREA Guided visit of the Varlaam and St. Stephen’s MonasteriesTHERMOPYLAE Guided visitCRUISING7-night cruise to Athens, Kusadasi (Turkey), Rhodes, Heraklion, Santorini, Milos, MykonosCRUISE DETAILS:
- Rotation of ports of call may vary for congestion reasons at certain ports with or without prior notice.
- Cabin categories: Inside cabin (category IB) Outside cabin (category XB)
- All cabins with two lower beds and private shower and toilet.
- Full entertainment program on board.
- Included drink package: selection of non-alcoholic & alcoholic drinks.
- Globus Host service throughout the cruise.
- Please ask your Travel Consultant for cruise ship details. At time of printing, the ship scheduled to depart for the cruise portion of your vacation is the Celestyal Crystal, operated by Celestyal Cruises. Certain departures may be operated by other Celestyal Cruises ships of similar standard.
Athens – Corinth – Mycenae – Epidaurus – Nauplia
Nauplia – Olympia
Olympia – Patras – Delphi
Delphi – Meteora Area
Meteora Area – Thermopylae – Athens
Athens – Piraeus (Embarkation) – Mykonos
Milos – Mykonos
At Leisure On Mykonos
Piraeus (Disembarkation) – Athens