Eastern Capitals & the Dalmatian Riviera (Summer 2019)
Eastern Capitals & The Dalmatian Riviera (Summer 2019)
Embark on a journey to areas of stunning natural beauty and historical significance.
- Ljubljana: Your Travel Director offers you a varied selection of charming restaurants on your Dine-Around Evening – a culinary experience not to be missed.
- Sarajevo: You are invited into a Sarajevan family home for a dinner with drinks. Savour the warm hospitality and authentic cuisine as you hear inspirational stories about their culture.
- Dubrovnik: Sit down to a delicious Celebration Dinner of local Dalmatian-Coast cuisine and drinks, and raise a glass to toast your adventures.
- Dining Summary: 13 Breakfasts (B) and 6 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Sarajevo: Gain a personal insight into a city under siege! Visit the Tunnel of Hope, and speak with a resident who lived through the 44-month blockade and was privy to the city’s secret lifeline.
Stay in Style
- Vienna: Set in the heart of Vienna and featuring contemporary decor, the award-winning Hilton Vienna hotel is one of Austria’s premier hotels.
- Split: The modern Hotel President Solin is conveniently located just a few minutes from the ancient city of Split and the famous Diocletian’s Palace.
Top Rated Highlights
- Vienna: A private tour with a Local Expert showcases the sheer opulence of Schönbrunn Palace, rich in Rococo and glittering gold. Spend some time in the formal gardens.
- Vienna: During your orientation led by your Travel Director, travel along the Ring Road to see the Hofburg Imperial Residence, Opera House, Parliament Building and Karlskirche.
- Maribor: Led by your Travel Director, explore this charming city, the second largest in Slovenia. Take a moment to appreciate the blend of old and new architecture.
- Ljubljana: Explore this elegant capital with your Local Expert, to see the castle City Hall, Cathedral of St Nicholas and Triple Bridge.
- Ljubljana: Spend time with your Local Expert in the glorious Central Market and learn about some of the Slovenian delicacies on display.
- Zagreb: Your Local Expert guides you this two-tiered capital. Explore Donji Grad, the Lower Town, and see the Mimara Art Museum in Roosevelt Square, Ban Josip Jelacic Square and the cathedral.
- Zagreb: Ride the funicular to Gornji Grad, the medieval Upper Town, to view the former Presidential Palace, Stone Gate, St. Mark’s Church and the Lotršcak Tower.
- Plitvice Lakes: Visit this UNESCO World Heritage Site and marvel at the water wonderland of Plitvice National Park as you walk along stunning cascades, guided by your Local Expert. Visit Korana Canyon to see the falls and Tomicevo Pogledalo for spectacular panoramic views.
- Trogir: See the cathedral and Renaissance Cipiko Palace during an orientation with your Travel Director.
- Split: With a local historian, explore above and below ground within the walls of the Roman Emperor Diocletian’s palace – now in the heart of modern-day Split. See Diocletian’s Mausoleum, now St. Duje’s and the Temple of Jupiter, now a baptistery, as well as the Golden Gate.
- Split: Sightseeing with your Local Expert continues through the old town. Walk through the Jewish Quarter to reach Narodni Trg, the centre of Old Split. Continue to Trg Brace Radic, translated as the Square of the Radic brothers, but better known to the locals as Vocni Trg, or the Fruit Square.
- Mostar: Learn the history and symbolic significance of Stari Most and explore the old town with your Local Expert.
- Sarajevo: A Local Expert will show you the cobbled old town market where Sarajevo was founded by the Ottomans, known as Bašcaršija. You will also see the Gazi Husrev-beg Mosque and the Latin Bridge where Archduke Franz Ferdinand was assassinated.
- Medjugorje: Explore this quaint town as your Travel Director leads you on an orientation.
- Dubrovnik: Explore the Pearl of the Adriatic with your Local Expert. Walk the stone-paved streets of the Old Town to see Onofrio’s Fountain, Rector’s Palace and the medieval city walls. Admire the Franciscan and Dominican monasteries.
- Dubrovnik: As the sun descends and should the weather be favourable, enjoy a relaxing cruise around the fabled bay of Dubrovnik.
- Scenic Drives: Throughout your journey, witness the beauty of the Carinthian Lakes, Plitvice National Park and the Dalmatian Coast.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Welcome to Vienna.
Exploring Stately Vienna.
Maribor and Ljubljana.
Exploring Lovable Ljubljana.
Zagreb’s Twin Towns.
Zagreb at Leisure.
On to Plitvice National Park.
Along the Dalmatian.
Mostar to Sarajevo.
Sarajevo, the City of Culture.
Medjugorje and Dubrovnik.
Optional Montenegro Experience.