Country Roads of Croatia (Preview 2020)
Country Roads Of Croatia (Preview 2020)
Discover the pristine landscapes, idyllic islands and sun-dappled seas of Croatia, where fortified towns of cobblestone and terracotta echo a time when Venice ruled the waves.
- Mali Ston: Meet a local oyster farmer and learn about the cultivation of oysters, before enjoying a delicious Sea-to-Table tasting of fresh shellfish and local wine.
- Dubrovnik: Toast the culmination of your journey with a typical Dalmatian Coast Celebration Dinner, accompanied with wine and grappa.
- Dining Summary: 13 Breakfasts (B), 1 Morning tea (MT) and 6 Dinners with Wine (DW), all with tea or coffee.
Stay in Style
- Opatija: Located just steps away from beautiful Slatina beach and its sweeping golden sand and emerald water, this newly renovated luxury hotel is the perfect getaway for those looking for a tranquil beach stay. Its art nouveau style dates back to 1885 and provides a grand, regal ambiance, with its high ceilings and antique furniture.
- Opatija: A striking neo-baroque property that offers an idyllic location overlooking the Adriatic Sea, Remisens Premium Grand Hotel Palace is just a five-minute walk from the beach. With its own wellness and spa centre, this polished hotel is the perfect place to unwind and rejuvenate.
- Dubrovnik: The Hotel Dubrovnik Palace offers spectacular sea views and excellent facilities.
Top Rated Highlights
- Zagreb: Your Local Expert guides you this two-tiered capital. Explore Donji Grad, the Lower Town, and see the Mimara Art Museum in Roosevelt Square, Ban Josip Jelacic Square and the cathedral.
- Zagreb: Ride the funicular to Gornji Grad, the medieval Upper Town, to view the former Presidential Palace, Stone Gate, St. Mark’s Church and the Lotršcak Tower.
- Postojna Caves: Enter by mini-train into these world-famous cave systems, before walking through an illuminated fairyland of stalactites and stalagmites.
- Opatija: Led by your Local Expert, spend a day discovering the Jewels of Istria, including the sparkling seas of Rovinj and the gleaming white stone of the Roman arena at Pula.
- Plitvice Lakes: Visit this UNESCO World Heritage Site and marvel at the water wonderland of Plitvice National Park as you walk along stunning cascades, guided by your Local Expert.
- Trogir: During your orientation, see the Cipiko Palace and Romanesque cathedral.
- Split: Explore above and below the Roman Emperor Diocletian’s palace. A Local Expert guides you through labyrinthine streets to see St. Duje’s, the Temple of Jupiter, the Golden Gate and the Cellars.
- Split: Sightseeing with your Local Expert continues through the old town. Walk through the Jewish Quarter to reach Narodni Trg, the centre of Old Split. Continue to Trg Brace Radic, translated as the Square of the Radic brothers, but better known to the locals as Vocni Trg, or the Fruit Square.
- Split: Cruise to the sunniest island of the country, Hvar, your home for the next two nights.
- Hvar: Explore the coves and hidden beaches and ascend the lofty peaks from where there are magnificent views over this beautiful island.
- Hvar: Cruise back to the mainland to continue your journey.
- Korcula: Discover this fascinating island during your walking exploration of the Old Town with a Local Expert. See the main square, cathedral, Town Museum, Bishop’s Palace and Town Hall. Hear about local legends and visit the ruins of the supposed birthplace of Marco Polo.
- Ston: Cruise to this quaint coastal village by private boat.
- Dubrovnik: Explore the Pearl of the Adriatic with your Local Expert. Walk the stone-paved streets of the Old Town to see Onofrio’s Fountain, Rector’s Palace and the medieval city walls. Admire the Franciscan and Dominican monasteries.
- Dubrovnik: As the sun descends and should the weather be favourable, enjoy a relaxing cruise around the fabled bay of Dubrovnik.
- Scenic Drives: Admire the stunning scenery of the Adriatic Coast, the Dalmatian Coast, Plitvice Lakes National Park and Pelješac Peninsula.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Welcome to Zagreb.
Zagreb’s Twin Towns.
The Postojna Caves and on to Belle-Epoque Opatija.
Discover the Jewels of Istria.
Pristine Plitvice National Park.
The Dalmatian Coast to Split.
Island Hopping to Hvar.
Exploring the Island of Hvar.
On the Trail of Marco Polo to Korcula.
Dubrovnik, Pearl of the Adriatic.
Optional Montenegro Experience.
Dubrovnik at Leisure.