Country Roads of France (Preview 2020)
Country Roads Of France (Preview 2020)
Leafy vineyards, majestic mountains, Riviera sunshine, Roman remains and fortified towns, combined with great food and wine, make for an engaging ‘Tour de France.’
- Chablis: Taste one of the most famous white wines in the world. Treasure the purity of flavour and rapier-like effect on the palate with an expert vintner.
- Chambéry: Savour a delightful Farm-to-Table Dinner prepared with fresh, locally-sourced ingredients and accompanied with local wine.
- Chteauneuf-du-Pape: Embark on a Côtes du Rhone experience to a famous wine village, where you sample wine with an expert and gain a few tips about what to look for in a robust red – its colour, fragrance and legs are all as important as the taste.
- Cahors: See the Pont Valentré as you enjoy a tasting through the markets.
- Dordogne Valley: Sample some of the delicacies of the area when you visit a local farm.
- Paris: Meet a local foodie for a behind-the-scenes look into Parisian life. Taste local delicacies in a patisserie, boulangerie, fromagerie and chocolatier off-the-beaten-track on a gourmet walking tour.
- Paris: Rendezvous with your friends at a typical French bistro for a rousing Celebration Dinner with wine. Bon appétit!
- Dining Summary: 15 Breakfasts (B) and 7 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
Stay in Style
- Dijon: The 5-star Grand Hotel Dijon La Cloche boasts a supreme view over the prestigious Place Darcy and has been welcoming prominent world figures since the 15th century. The luxurious refined decor and timeless interior garden offer guests every comfort and privacy.
- Albi: Hotel Saint Antoine is centrally located with landmarks at your doorstep such as the Albi Cathedral, Toulouse Lautrec Museum and the Tarn River.
- Normandy: L’Hôtel du Golf is located just 10 minutes from Deauville Beach, known as a weekend getaway for Parisians. With it’s Tudor-style facade and tasteful, modern interiors, relax in comfort during your stay. Perhaps play a round of golf on one of the three 9-hoole courses, known as some of the most beautiful in France.
Top Rated Highlights
- Bastille Day: Celebrated across France on 14 July, Bastille Day commemorates the end of the French monarchy. Witness the remarkable display of fireworks lighting up the warm summer sky and perhaps join in one of the traditional balls.
- Troyes: Explore the medieval heart of the Champagne capital.
- Dijon: Listen as your Travel Director tells you about the history of Dijon, the capital city of the Burgundy region.
- Chamonix: Stay in France’s mountaineering capital.
- Annecy: Enjoy free time in the Little Venice area.
- Nice: Enjoy exploring the beautiful coastal town of Nice on the French Riviera.
- Côte d’Azur: Visit a perfumery to learn about the French perfume industry and discover your signature scent.
- Monaco: Enjoy a drive along part of the Grand Prix circuit. Wander the old town to see the Royal Palace and the yacht-filled harbour and visit the cathedral to see the Tomb of Princess Grace.
- St-Paul de Vence: Discover the beauty of this hilltop town and why it became a refuge for artists.
- Aix-en-Provence: See the mansions of the Cours Mirabeau.
- Avignon: During a city orientation learn about the history behind this medieval city. See Pont Saint-Bénézet, also known as Pont d’Avignon, and pass the medieval battlements to the town centre to see the Papal Palace.
- Pont du Gard: See the ancient Roman bridges of Pont du Gard that cross the Gardon River.
- Arles: Hear more about the city that is famed for being the inspiration behind the Van Gogh paintings during a city orientation.
- Carcassonne: Enjoy an orientation of this fortified town and see the fortress, listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Albi: This is the birthplace of artist, Toulouse Lautrec. Walk the town and marvel at the awe-inspiring cathedral.
- Rocamadour: Visit this medieval cliff top town.
- Sarlat-la-Canéda: See the golden limestone buildings.
- Lascaux II Caves: These caves contain some of the oldest and finest prehistoric art in the world. For preservation reasons, they have been replicated in all their glory.
- Paris: See Notre Dame Cathedral, the Eiffel Tower, facades of the Louvre, the River Seine and its romantic bridges, the obelisk in the centre of the Place de la Concorde and enjoy a drive along the Champs Elysées to the Arc de Triomphe.
- Scenic Drives: Relax and enjoy the scenery of the French countryside as you travel through Burgundy, the High Alps, along the Route Napoleon and French Riviera, past Cote d’Azur, Avignon, the Languedoc Region and through the Dordogne Valley.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary star…
Welcome to Paris.
Troyes, Chablis and on to Dijon.
Free Time in Dijon.
Lakeside Annecy and Chambéry.
The French Riviera to reach Nice.
Monaco and the Côte d’Azur.
Picturesque Provence to Avignon.
Arles and Avignon.
Free Time in Avignon.
Carcassonne and to Albi.
Cahors, Rocamadour and Sarlat.
Exploring the Dordogne Valley.
Paris, The City of Light.
Romantic Capital on the Seine.
Au revoir Paris.