Country Roads of Ireland end Belfast (Preview 2020)
Country Roads Of Ireland End Belfast (Preview 2020)
Experience the wild, enchanting coastal routes as you explore the Emerald Isle. Along the way you’ll encounter ruined castles, quiet lakes, natural wonders and legendary characters.
- Killarney: Join John and his wife, Freda for drinks and a personal insight into classic Irish recipes that are loved throughout the world. Your Farm-to-Table experience is all about locally-sourced ingredients prepared with skill, so that you can taste the freshness in every mouthful.
- Ballygally: The Irish call it ‘craic’ – the warm feeling resulting from the confluence of music, drink, good food, laughter, and conversation. And after circumnavigating the Emerald Isle, there’s bound to be a fair share of craic at your grand finale Celebration Dinner. Sláinte!
- Dining Summary: 11 Breakfasts (B), 2 Dinners (D) and 3 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Dublin: Enjoy VIP priority entrance to the Book of Kells and a guided walk though Trinity College with a university insider.
- Kildare: Join an equine professional for a behind-the-scenes look at the Irish National Stud. Then visit the finest Japanese Gardens in Europe, for a ‘journey through life’ as you wander by the beautiful floral displays.
- Kilkenny: Kilkenny has the greatest amount of All-Ireland titles of its national sport of hurling. Meet a player to gain an exciting insight into this unique Irish cultural experience, through a demonstration of skill.
- Killarney: Hear the history, legend and folklore of Killarney from a local Jarvey, while on-board a famous jaunting car ride.
- Londonderry: There’s no better way to experience sightseeing than with one of Northern Ireland’s best storytellers, Ronan, as he takes you on a tour inside the city walls. See the Gothic Guildhall and the Georgian houses of Shipquay Street.
- Belfast: Meet Hilda, a true Belfast local, having lived in the same house her entire life. During your panoramic tour, hear the history of the city and learn why Hilda is proud of its progress and current prosperity. You’ll also see the City Hall, Queen’s University, Parliament Building at Stormont and murals in different locations indicating political sentiments of local residents.
Stay in Style
- Killarney: In the heart of the town centre, the Killarney Plaza Hotel and Spa overlooks Killarney National Park and is the perfect location to enjoy the stunning scenery and the local ‘craic.’
- Galway: Set on the coast, the Connemara Coast Hotel offers spectacular views of Connemara and continues a tradition in hospitality dating back to 1839.
- Londonderry: The Maldron Hotel Derry is the only hotel situated in Londonderry’s 17th century walls and very close to all that the city has to offer.
- Ballygally: Ballygally Castle is a stunning 17th century castle which overlooks the golden sands of the bay and offers excellent facilities.
- Belfast: The Europa Hotel is located in the heart of Belfast City Centre and offers elegant décor, a contemporary bistro and a relaxing piano bar.
Top Rated Highlights
- Dublin: During your orientation with your Travel Director, see the Custom House, Guinness Storehouse, Dublin Castle and the Georgian townhouses as you travel down O’Connell Street and along the River Liffey.
- Cahir: See one of the largest castles in Ireland.
- Cork: Relish this university city with its interesting waterways and grand Georgian parades of houses.
- Blarney: Dangle from the ramparts to kiss the Stone of Eloquence, and never be lost for words again!
- Killarney: Enjoy hearing of the history of Killarney during your city orientation.
- Ring of Kerry: Venture into a world of towering cliffs, lush lakelands and remote villages, as you travel the magical Ring of Kerry. Journey through Sneem, pass the Black Mountains, Moll’s Gap and admire Queen Victoria’s Ladies View.
- Dingle Peninsula: Enjoy a scenic drive to Slea Head.
- Adare: Experience a village walk through the main street lined with thatched cottages.
- Cliffs of Moher: Stop by the Exhibition Centre and overlook the Wild Atlantic Way from these majestic cliffs.
- Galway: Enjoy an orientation tour of the many landmarks in Galway such as the Lynch Memorial, Church of St. Nicholas, Spanish Arch and Eyre Square.
- Drumcliffe: Visit the final resting place of Irish poet William Butler Yeats.
- Giant’s Causeway: Learn about the towering hexagonal basalt columns – a geological spectacle to behold.
- Ballygally: Explore this seaside town with your Travel Director.
- Carrickfergus: See the immense Castle as your drive around it.
- Scenic Drives: Irish scenery is some of the most beautiful in the world. Relax and admire the views as your travel past the Derrynasaggart Mountains, the Ring of Kerry, Dingle Peninsula, Burren, the Blue Stack Mountains of Donegal and the Antrim Coast.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where availabl…
Welcome to Dublin.
In Dublin’s Fair City.
A Journey from Dublin to Cork.
Across the Mountains to Killarney.
Ring of Kerry Experience.
Around the Dingle Peninsula.
The Cliffs of Moher and Galway.
Free day Galway or Aran Islands.
Walk in the Giant’s Steps on the way to Ballygally.
The Antrim Coast to Belfast.