Easy Pace Italy (Preview 2020)
Easy Pace Italy (Preview 2020)
Discover three of Italy’s most cultural cities. Savour Rome’s rich heritage, soak up the Renaissance atmosphere of Florence, and look beyond the canals and gondolas to gain a deeper understanding of Venice.
- Vatican City: Be among the select few to gain VIP access into the Vatican Museums and see Michelangelo’s ceiling in the Sistine Chapel. Visit the stunning Museo Gregoriano Profano which documents various moments and themes in classical art, from Ancient Greece through to the late Imperial Roman age. Then you’ll be privileged an exclusive VIP Highlight Dinner at the Vatican’s Cortile del Giardino Quadrato, whilst enjoying views of the cupola of St. Peters, should weather permit.
- Tuscany: Visit Il Poggio to learn about organic olive and grape farming. Then enjoy a tasting as you sit down to a fabulous dinner of Tuscan specialities, complimented by stunning views.
- Venice: Join your fellow guests for an extra special Celebration Dinner of delicious Italian cuisine in the heart of romantic Venice.
- Dining Summary: 7 Breakfasts (B), 1 Lunch (LW) and 4 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Vatican City: Venture inside St. Peter’s Basilica and see Michelangelo’s Piet, and the splendid dome.
- Florence: Visit the Accademia Museum with a local art historian to study Michelangelo’s original 17-foot marble masterpiece, David.
- Venice: Visit an artisan showroom and workshop to see master craftsmen honouring age-old Venetian crafts.
Stay in Style
- Rome: The Veneto Palace Hotel is located in the monumental and unique scenery of ancient Rome, not far from Piazza di Spagna, the Trevi Fountain and Villa Borghese, which is the largest park in central Rome. The guest rooms offer a classic style that blends in perfect harmony with the style of the building.
- Venice: The Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel is located in a magnificently restored 19th century granary on Giudecca Island, only minutes away from St. Mark’s Square by boat. Amenities include a rooftop pool and bar with excellent views, spa and wellness centre and five different restaurants and bars.
Top Rated Highlights
- Rome: Venture to Castel Gandolfo to explore the artistic treasure of the Villa Barberini Gardens. Ride an electric train through the pathways to marvel at the intricately designed mosaic flower beds and fountains.
- Rome: See the mighty Colosseum and Roman Forum. You will also see other medieval buildings, including Renaissance palaces and Baroque churches, scattered throughout the city.
- Assisi: Enjoy strolling through this quaint little town with your Local Expert and seeing it’s beautifully preserved medieval lane ways and streets.
- Assisi: A Local Expert will explain why the Basilica of St. Francis is considered one of the crowning achievements of medieval Europe.
- Florence: View the city skyline from the sumptuous terrace of Piazzale Michelangelo. During your orientation of the city, your Travel Director will show you the cathedral, the Gates of Paradise adorning the baptistery and Piazza della Signoria.
- Florence: See the area around Santa Croce Basilica, famous for the quality of its luxury goods and witness a leather-work demonstration.
- Pisa: Your Local Expert will show you the baptistery bristling with marble spines, the colonnaded bell tower lurching behind the 11th century cathedral and of course, the famous Leaning Tower in the Square of Miracles.
- Verona: During your orientation, walk past the well preserved Roman Arena to Juliet’s balcony in the courtyard of a Renaissance villa.
- Venice: With your Travel Director cruise to St. Mark’s Square and see the Doge’s Palace, Bridge of Sighs and St. Mark’s Basilica.
- Venice: To the tune of accompanying musicians, you will be serenaded through the atmospheric canals by gondola.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Welcome to the Eternal City of Rome.
Exploring The Vatican City.
Rome at Leisure.
Under the Tuscan sun to Assisi.
Florence, Birthplace of the Renaissance.
Pisa and the Tuscan Countryside.
Verona and Venice, Queen of the Adriatic.
Venice and the Magic of La Serenissima.
Venice at Leisure.