The Sumptuous Soul of America (Summer 2019)
The Sumptuous Soul Of America (Summer 2019)
Join us for a toe-tapping trip of rock, jazz and country music, as you delve into the sumptuous soul of America. You’ll start in Chicago, a great food city also known for its jazz and blues, before heading south to the musical meccas of Nashville and Memphis. End your trip with a little jazz as you head to the Mississippi Delta and on to zesty New Orleans. From visiting the Country Music Hall of Fame in Nashville to the iconic Graceland mansion, this trip not only comes with behind-the-scenes experiences, but with its own memorable soundtrack. On select Chairman’s Collection departure dates you’ll meet iconic multi-instrumentalist Charlie McCoy. From playing the saxophone on Roy Orbison’s “Oh Pretty Woman”, to the harmonica on Elvis and Simon & Garfunkel tracks, he has played a huge role in making music history. Join him at Studio B in Nashville where you’ll record your own group song before Charlie accompanies you on harmonica. Look for the CC icon on the Dates & Prices panel to see which departures feature the Chairman’s Collection.
- Chicago: Experience a Highlight Dinner at a classic Chicago chophouse, Gibson’s Bar and Steakhouse.
- Memphis: Enjoy a private, after hours visit to Graceland, followed by a home-style cooked meal, favoured by the King himself.
- Natchez: Learn to make the signature drink of the South, the Mint Julep, before an elegant, four-course Southern dinner in the period surroundings of the Monmouth Historic Inn and Gardens.
- New Orleans: Discover the flair of Creole cuisine during a cooking demonstration and special Highlight Dinner.
- Dining Summary: 13 Breakfasts (B), 1 Lunch (L) and 8 Dinners with Wine (DW).
- Chicago: Appreciate the variety of impressive styles and achievements in design during your architectural river cruise, as a Local Expert reveals how the city was transformed after the Great Fire of 1871.
- Chicago: Experience the greatest highs and the best views of the city from the observatory atop 360 Chicago.
- St Louis: Get a bird’s-eye view of the city from the famed St Louis Gateway Arch.
- Bowling Green: The Corvette is America on wheels. The National Corvette Museum pays homage to this most famous sports car.
- Nashville: Attend a live taping of the Grand Ole Opry, America’s longest-running live radio program.
- Memphis: Visit Sun Studios, where famous music icons like Jerry Lee Lewis, Elvis and Johnny Cash recorded revolutionary albums.
- Memphis: Visit the National Civil Rights Museum.
- New Orleans: Visit Houmas House, the crown jewel of Louisiana’s river road, previously voted best Louisiana attraction.
- Chicago: Experience a world class Chicago hotel at The Gwen.
- St Louis: Four Seasons Hotel St Louis is a five-star hotel with epic views of the Gateway Arch, located in the heart of downtown.
- Louisville: A favourite of Kentucky Derby attendees, The Brown Hotel is an opulent choice amongst travellers who will find a blend of Georgian Elegance, timeless Southern charm and impeccable service.
- Nashville: Experience the finest in Southern hospitality at Sheraton Grand Nashville Downtown.
- Memphis: The Westin Memphis Beale Street Hotel connects you to the unmistakable sound, culture and history of the blues, whilst offering you a soothing and relaxing retreat.
- Natchez: The Monmouth Historic Inn and Gardens offers a unique combination of hospitality, world-class service and luxurious surroundings, set in a historic background.
- New Orleans: The iconic family-owned Hotel Monteleone offers an unparalleled combination of Southern hospitality, world-class service and historic surroundings inside the French Quarter.
- St. Louis: Join an exclusive guided tour of the Fabulous Fox Theatre.
- Louisville: Visit Churchill Downs on a private tour and meet the world famous horse jockey, Charles Woods Jr.
- Nashville: Join the ranks of superstar musicians like Elvis Presley, Dolly Parton and Willie Nelson and record a song at legendary Studio B, take home the recording as a truly unique souvenir.
- Nashville: Visit the Country Music Hall of Fame and get a private behind the scenes look at the songwriting process with a local songwriter and singer.
- Memphis: Take a private, after-hours tour of Graceland before sitting down to a special dinner on the grounds of the estate.
INCLUSIVE LUXURY GOLD SERVICES
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Luxury Gold’s air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard restroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- At every hotel, you’ll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Concierge will enchant you with a Luxury Gold Flourish, which is a local speciality representing the destination.
- Complimentary, private airport transfers are included on start and end dates and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold.
Chicago, the Jewel of the Midwest.
St. Louis, Gateway to the West.
St. Louis Arch to Louisville.
Spirit of Louisville.
The Honky-Tonk Highway.
Enjoy Nashville's Musical History.
Memphis and Graceland.
Sun Studios and National Civil Rights Museum.
Mississippi mystique in Natchez.
Frogmore, Houmas House, and New Orleans.
New Orleans Sightseeing.
Exploring the Big Easy.
Depart New Orleans.