American Parks Trail end Rapid City (Summer 2020)
American Parks Trail – End Rapid City, Summer 2020
A trip for the brave, delve into the Wild West as you make your away across a rugged land famous for cowboys and rodeo. You’ll come face-to-face with some monumental figures, while a day at Deadwood will teach you about the fascinating days of notable figures including Wild Bill Hickock and Calamity Jane. You’ll witness the wild charms of Yellowstone National Park after hours as you stay the night in the park’s popular lodges, while all-American breakfasts and hearty ranch food will keep you fueled throughout your journey.
- UCross Ranch: Savour a hearty ranch style Highlight Dinner, prepared by your local hosts.
- Dining Summary: 8 Breakfasts (B), 1 Dinner (D) and 3 Dinners with wine (DW).
- UCross: Spend your morning doing as the locals do, exploring your surroundings by horseback with a gentle ride (waiver required) led by a Local Expert.
- Deadwood: Historical Wild West figures such as Wild Bill Hickock and Calamity Jane called Deadwood home. Learn about the Gold Rush and the town’s notable residents aboard Kevin Costner’s Original Deadwood Tour with a Local Expert.
- Deadwood: Enjoy an audience with Lakota tribe members as they share a live narrative of the Great Sioux Nation.
Stay in Style
- Salt Lake City: Centrally located in Salt Lake City’s business, historic, cultural and entertainment center, Little America’s fine décor and traditional ambience provide the perfect atmosphere for any type of meeting, seminar or special event.
- Grand Teton National Park: Stay right inside the National Park at the desirable Jackson Lake Lodge. One of the largest of all the eco-friendly resorts, with breathtaking views.
- Yellowstone National Park: Insight stays centrally located within the National Park. In these cases, the hotels are much more rustic and typical of the natural environment.
- UCross: Enjoy a relaxed and peaceful atmosphere during your stay at the Ranch at UCross with the natural scenic beauty of the surroundings.
- Spearfish: Deep in the heart of beautiful canyons you will find Spearfish Canyon Lodge. Built and decorated in the style of the old lodges of the West.
- Custer State Park: Insight stays centrally located within the State Park. In these cases, the hotels are much more rustic and typical of the natural environment.
Top Rated Highlights
- Grand Teton National Park: Take in panoramic views of the beautiful Jenny Lake, a glacial formation that dates back over 10,000 years.
- Yellowstone: See Upper Geyser Basin, which boasts the highest concentration of spouting geysers, hot springs and steaming fumaroles in the world.
- Cody: Explore the award-winning Buffalo Bill Center of the West, known for its excellent Western art collection and natural history.
- Black Hills: Witness the huge Crazy Horse Memorial and the famous Mount Rushmore National Memorial.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Arrive in Salt Lake City.
Jackson and Grand Teton National Park.
Yellowstone National Park.*Snake River Float Trip Through Grand Teton National Park*Snake River Floa
Geysers and Colourful Mudpots at Yellowstone.
The Ranch at Ucross.
Devils Tower into the Black Hills.
Custer and the Wild, Wild West.*Buffalo Safari & Chuckwagon Cookout*Buffalo Safari & Chuckwagon Cook
The Mountain Monuments of the Black Hills of South Dakota.
Depart Rapid City.